In the Biomechanics and Phylogenetics Laboratory- we are interested in a wide range of research topics, as well as teaching, field work, and outreach.
- Biomechanics of vertebrate feeding and locomotion
- Phylogenetic systematics of coral reef fishes
- Field work and SCUBA exploration of coral reefs
- Evolutionary synthesis of structure, function and phylogeny
- Biomechanical modeling and app development
- Synchrotron x-ray analysis of animal motion and respiration
- XROMM: X-ray Reconstruction of Moving Morphology
- Teaching, training and outreach for multiple audiences
Explore our research themes, and download publications and software: please contact us if you have questions or if you are interested in joining the lab.